Test Technician I
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
If you are a pioneer and would like to have a big impact into the new world of medical robotics – then come join our team!
• Support team by executing reliability testing
• Author Reliability Reports and route documents for approval (strong writing skills)
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team developing test methods for a complex, electro-mechanical system
• Communicate test related activities and results with multi-disciplinary team members
• Provide input and information to engineers to assist in the troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical or software issues
• Capable of developing fixtures, test equipment and test methods to test engineering requirements.
• Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products.
• A Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific or equivalent background is required.
• Demonstrated experience with product testing, test equipment, analysis methodologies and test documentation.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and proven hands-on mechanical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a contributing member of cross functional teams, including quality, electronic, and mechanical engineers.
Nice to Have
• Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel and Word
• Organize and be able to prioritize workload, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills [oral and written] including listening; and ability to maintain clear project status and interlocks with internal project teams and external test agencies
• Strong interpersonal skills: function as a “team player” and work constructively and cooperatively with all team members in the best interests of the program.
• Strong understanding of basic statistical analysis
• Familiarity with standard test equipment such as force gauges, calipers, and data loggers is preferred.
• Experience with Gage R&R
• Experience with using Minitab for statistical analysis
• Fluency in English is required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.