Test Technician II
195 McDermott Road North Haven, CT 06473 US
Test Technician – Robotic Platforms
As a Test Technician, you’ll be in driving projects through the product verification process, using your solid engineering skillset, collaborative spirit, results driven work ethic, and solution facilitation skills. You will be supporting various systems engineering test activities such as integration, verification, reliability testing, analysis, hardware and software troubleshooting, and more.
A Day in the Life
- Execute test methods and simulated procedures on the robotic-assisted surgery system.
- Document system performance and usage, and communicate hardware or software issues.
- Perform simulated bedside assist functions including positioning the system components and introduction and removal of test materials.
- Perform manual setup and tear down activities, including cleaning of all equipment surfaces, and orienting medical equipment for daily storage and transport within the lab space.
- Perform periodic workflows including manually transporting equipment throughout the facility, taking measurements to evaluate system functional performance over time, and emergency simulation or response activities.
- Execute batches of repetitive cycling of ergonomic adjustments and interactions with user interfaces including buttons, switches, touch screens, and medical equipment control surfaces.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment and materials. Place orders when necessary
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Requires minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
Nice to Have
- 2+ years of technician experience in the medical device or regulated industry
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and document equipment configurations.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products.
- Fundamental understanding of computers and basic experience with networking and upgrades.
- Basic knowledge in circuit boards and electronics.
- Understanding of hardware and software interactions, communications, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to diagnose system failures, isolate, reset, or replace faulty components.
- Experience with purchasing, tracking, and receiving equipment.
- Experience leading and seeking guidance to complete laboratory maintenance needs.
- Experience setting, running, and execution of test procedures.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.