6605 Merrill Creek Pkwy Everett, WA 98203 US
Job Title: Training Specialist
Department: Scientific Services
Summary of Job: Works under limited supervision and supports the department by providing the
development, coordination, and assurance of GLP compliant training procedures and practices. Works,
as delegated by department management, to ensure the successful completion of training activities and
maintenance of technical skills. Provides administrative and organizational support in training planning,
scheduling, coordination, document management and reporting. Performs quality control (QC) and/or
maintenance of plans, SOPs, worksheets, raw data, study binders, and data archiving. May provide
support for other work groups as needed.
• Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures and qualification requirements,
ensuring compliance with FDA (GLP), L&I, and other regulatory agencies.
• Research on new procedures, trains and oversees their implementation.
• Coordinates with department trainers and management to schedule training and cross training.
• Trains and cross trains in the technical execution of current Protocols and standard operating
procedures (SOPs), daily activities associated with all functions of the department and other
• Helps identify trainer staff and ensures uniform training content across all trainer staff.
• Is responsible for the development and maintenance of training programs and may assist with
the creation and maintenance of training forms or electronic records.
• Focuses on process management and standardization to improve efficiency and quality.
• Determines proper documentation of training procedures and data acquisition to accurately
document compliance with plans, SOPs and Protocols while facilitating the needs of department
• Works with all groups to improve processes.
• Monitors and communicates training deadlines to ensure adherence to set schedules.
• Communicates training deadlines to study personnel and department management.
• Tracks milestones and ensures training schedules are up to date.
• Manages the timely review and assembly of training documentation.
• Assigns and oversees duties to personnel necessary to complete training objectives.
• Provides hands-on training of staff for classes and technical skills and assesses competency.
• Responds to Quality Assurance audits for training processes and corrective actions that require
• Performs QC review of data in a timely manner.
• May work with different departments to help ensure consistency of training practices and
• Supports and participates on study procedures if necessitated by workload.
• May supervise studies, procedures and research assignments and coordinate duties of
personnel and study teams.
• May participate in evaluation, performance or maintenance of new systems or equipment.
• Maintains general organization and cleanliness of work area, including cleaning and disinfecting
procedure rooms and preparation areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree (BS), specializing in biological sciences or related science
degree. Equivalent laboratory experience and administrative skills fundamental for this job may
be substituted for educational requirement.
• Work Experience: At least 1 year working in as a trainer required; 3 years’ experience working in
a research and/or regulated environment preferred.
• Certificates/Licenses /Registrations: Professional certification in area of expertise preferred
(e.g., AALAS, ASCP)