USA - Research Analyst
40 Landsdowne Street Cambridge, MA 02139 US
- Serve in an exciting role as a laboratory research associate that directly supports our cutting-edge drug discovery programs across our immune-oncology pipeline.
- Process, embed, and perform microtomy on a variety of tissues, both animal and human.
- Interact with stakeholders across the department.
- Be part of a rapidly evolving team that is working to bridge drug discovery with clinical development to move our most impactful programs forward in ways that meaningfully improve patient outcomes in the clinic.
We are a translational research and molecular pathology laboratory that is uniquely situated between the oncology drug discovery & clinical units of the company. Our goal is the implementation of innovative cell phenotyping capabilities that reveal unique biomarkers and mechanisms of action that are critical to driving the development of next generation immune-modulatory drugs for the treatment of cancer. In this position, you will be working within the early Translational Oncology group to help drive the development and execution of tissue-based assays by delivering high quality FFPE sections.
- Tissue handling and preparation:
- Prepare rodent and cell line specimens for routine histology and immunohistochemistry assays.
- Formalin tissue processing via automated tissue processor.
- Paraffin embedding tissue with proper orientation.
- Sectioning FFPE tissue blocks (both animal and human tissues) and prepare unstained slides for further immunohistochemistry staining by other laboratory scientists in the department.
- Histology stains:
- Perform routine hematoxylin and eosin staining via automated instrumentation.
- Special stains as required
- Other duties
- Perform data entry, sample accessioning and sample tracking
- General laboratory duties that may include instrument routine cleaning and maintenance, lab reagent inventories, processor fluidics change-outs, etc.
- Use of laboratory LIMS software to initiate and track work
- Automated slide scanning using a Leica AT-2 scanner
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates required histotechnologist skill including FFPE microtomy and operation of histology-based equipment.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and ability to learn LIMS software
- Participates in interactions and collaborations within Experimental Molecular Pathology.
- Recognizes problems related t
- Receives instructions on work and then independently executes assignments. samples, software, and/or processes and seeks out expertise for proper resolution.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- BS or associates degree preferred.
- 2+ years as a histotechnician in an industry or hospital setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Adept at quickly learning new software systems.
- Good fit with our core values and leadership principles.
- Right attitude (agile, curious, open-minded, can-do mindset).
- General knowledge appropriate to position
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.