Upstream Processing Scientist - II (Associate)
2000 Galloping Hill Rd Kenilworth, NJ 07033 US
With expanding biologics pipeline, the Biologics Process Development organization is seeking a highly a motivated scientist to support testing and implementation of a cell culture media platform. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment with other functional groups.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Culturing mammalian cells in shake flasks, cryopreservation of cells and testing their revival from thawing.
- Hydration of cell culture media/feeds and their solubility assessment.
- Testing short-term and long-term stability of cell culture media and feeds.
- Setup and running Ambr high throughput bioreactor system in fed-batch and perfusion operation modes.
- Analyzing culture samples with various metabolite analyzers.
- Organizing, plotting and interpretation of data from the experiments.
Education: B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related Biological Sciences with 2-6 years of experience or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related Biological Sciences with 0-4 Years of experience. Candidates with relevant industrial experience will be preferred.
• Hands-on experience in aseptic handling of mammalian cell cultures (CHO).
• Hands-on experience with high-throughput experimentation tools (e.g. deep-well plates, viable cell counters, bioprocess analyzers, etc.)
• Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
• Experience with the operations of automated mini-bioreactors (e.g. ambr® system) and bench-top bioreactors.
• Familiar with JMP or Design Expert, or other statistical analysis software
• Skills in culture media and buffer preparation. Looking for someone who is a team player, detail oriented and agile.
Pay Range: 24-34/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.