Utilities Engineer II
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 85-95k **salary will be commensurate with experience
A Utilities Engineer II is responsible for continuous improvement, floor support and troubleshooting as the need arises on critical utility systems. This role will be responsible for all maintenance activities (preventive, reactive, corrective and predictive) and improvement projects within Utilities. This position will be responsible for running projects (vendor relations, procurement, installation, and validation) and achieving both budget and timeline requirements. This position reports to the Director, Engineering and Maintenance.
What you'll do:
- Support in the design and implementation of utilities and associated systems. This includes, without limitation, cooling towers, compressed air generation and distribution systems, chilled water generation and distribution systems, air handling units (AHUs) supporting aseptic processing operations, electrical distribution and backup systems, boiler/steam generation and distribution systems, clean steam generation and use, fire suppression, water for injection (WFI) production and distribution to points of use, sterilization and freeze-drying systems, goods and personnel elevators.
- Monitor and troubleshoot utilities systems and associated equipment to identify and resolve any issues promptly to minimize downtime.
- Responsibility and active supervision of technical building systems in the GMP environment. In detail this includes electricity/emergency power, refrigeration, cooling and vacuum technology.
- Detailed planning and implementation in of shutdowns, extensions, new installations, and process optimization of utilities systems
- cGMP/GDP-compliant creation of lifecycle documentation, maintenance procedures and operating instructions
- cGMP compliant qualifications and validations, and in conformance with plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Continuous improvement of facilities and processes using LEAN tools
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure utilities systems are integrated effectively into manufacturing processes.
- Development and execution of preventative maintenance plans for utilities systems and associated equipment to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Stay current with industry regulations and best practices, ensuring utilities systems meet all safety and quality standards.
- Technical expertise and guidance to junior engineers and technicians within the teams.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency, reliability, and sustainability of utilities systems and associated equipment.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, including standard operating procedures, equipment manuals, and maintenance records.
What you'll bring:
- Engineering degree required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical industry or in a highly regulated role
- Working knowledge of high and low voltage electrical switchgear and distribution systems
- Working knowledge of common project management tools
- Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration in a cGMP pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in an aseptic production facility is preferred.
- Experience with generation, operation, and use of clean steam and WFI generation systems.
- Understanding of controls, wiring and circuitry
- Experience with hydraulics & pneumatics, and operation of air handling systems
- Experience with automation and programmable logic control systems
- Competency in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires sitting or standing for long hours.
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.