VP/SVP Human Resources
1400 Sierra Pt Parkway 2nd floor , Building C, 2nd Floor Brisbane, CA 94005 US
- Create and execute a talent strategy – S/he will be responsible for talent acquisition, employee engagement, total rewards, learning and development, organization development & effectiveness, diversity & inclusion and HR operations. The VP/SVP will ensure that we attract top talent, develop critical capabilities, and create the infrastructure that will enable our continued growth and development.
- Act as a trusted advisor and business partner to the CEO and Company leadership – the successful candidate will be an inspiring leader and mentor, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
- Change management –Success in this role requires a strategic, collaborative thinker, who can offer a long-range vision for scaling the Company while incorporating and communicating values. The VP/SVP of People Ops will possess a strong mix of strategic and hands-on experience and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. S/he will be a key member of the leadership team while helping to build and scale the company through new phases of growth.
- Diversity recruiting and employee retention - successful track record of hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Embed diversity into company DNA. Coach and provide guidance to leaders on building diverse teams where everyone feels welcome.
- Reports to the CEO and is a recognized leader in the organization
- Excited about and a champion for building and operating an open, fast-paced, innovative and passionate biotech company focused on delivering game-changing therapies for patients.
- With the CEO and CFO help to advise the comp committee on the talent market in general as well as provide advice on key executive level hires.
- Serve as a strategic compensation and total rewards coach to members of leadership team. Leverage data and analytics to advise on competitive compensation and incentive structures.
- Manage compensation planning and benefits programs including policies, processes and communications. Ensure the programs are market competitive and aligned with business and talent goals.
- Attract, develop, and retain top tier talent across the company
- Work closely with the Leadership team as well as accounting/finance to develop workforce plans. Develop and oversee recruiting plans and efforts to identify top talent within and outside the organization and build employment brand in the talent marketplace
- Partner with leadership on organizational design; build capabilities needed to deliver on the business strategy and support high performance of the company
- Ensure talent programs and growth opportunities for team members and culture of continuous learning
- Oversee employee engagement and employee communications in collaboration with CEO/CFO
- Be accessible, approachable, and a capable resource to employees throughout the organization, establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Advise and counsel managers on employee relations matters, including employee development and employee performance, team effectiveness and employee engagement
- Champion, promote, and guide the Company’s inclusion strategy and diversity initiatives
- Be a strategic leader of People operations, systems and processes that will support the organization as the company continues to grow and improve the overall effectiveness of the company.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and applicable labor laws.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible, relevant people operations/human resources leadership experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- Experience scaling an organization and building teams while aligning the appropriate HR systems, processes and resources against a high growth business strategy. Especially important for the successful candidate to have prior experience supporting an organization’s organic growth by driving a highly successful talent acquisition strategy.
- Proven experience in successfully in building and leading the People Ops function, including experience managing talent acquisition, total rewards, employee relations, learning and development, organization effectiveness, diversity & inclusion and HR operations in a growing organization
- Track record of developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives that support strategic objectives within an innovative environment
- Must demonstrate ability to initiate and lead strategic/proactive HR projects while still managing and providing day to day People Operations support
- Outstanding communication skills, capable of presenting oral and written communications in a well-organized and compelling manner to management team colleagues, the board and external stakeholders
- Strong business insight and analytical skills; adept at using metrics & data to inform and influence decisions
- Expertise in coaching across the full spectrum of an organization and managing/mentoring a team
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong, trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results
- Executive presence and ability to lead and influence by example
- Knowledge of California employment law and federal government compliance regulations
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.