Vivarium Laboratory Technician
Exton, PA Exton, PA 19341 US
Target Pay Rate: 18.66/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
MUST have rodent handling and restraint experience.
• Perform daily animal health observations and animal care for rodents, including weekends and holidays
• Perform cage changing and monitoring of food and water
• Maintain inventory of supplies, such as food, bedding, PPE, other general supplies
• Sanitize housing and procedure rooms, and maintain facility in good condition
• Operate cage washer and autoclave
• Learn and perform technical procedures including restraint, euthanasia, anesthesia, recording of body weight, health observations and so on.
• Support animals for experimental procedures such as shaving, ear tagging and so on.
• High school diploma or AA/AS or BA/BS, plus at least half year of experience with small animal handling for any level of education background is desired.
• Incumbent who is willing to study toward AALAS certificate is highly desired.
• Must have experience with rodent handling and restraint
• Ability to lift, pull and push 50 lbs (food bag etc).
• Detail oriented, with good organizational and communication skills.
• Professional attitude; ability to work well with researchers and other technical staff.
Work is primarily performed in office and animal facility settings. Due to the nature of the position, there is possible exposure to hazardous waste; chemical hazards, including explosives, corrosives, and carcinogens; radioactive and biohazardous materials.
Client requires all contractors providing services to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date to their employer/supplier, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This requirement is a condition of providing services to client, and it applies regardless of whether the contractor is located at a site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine for qualified medical reasons (including pregnancy-related) or religious reasons (sincerely held religious beliefs), you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation from your employer/supplier.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.