Warehouse Specialist & Truck Driver Weekend 3rd Shift
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 40-42k **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Warehouse Specialist (weekend shift) is responsible for receiving, shipping, storage, inventory accuracy, and picking operations to support both internal and external operations, starting from receipt until final product shipment. Activities include conformance to Good Documentation Practices (GDPs), supporting warehouse cGMP compliance, working on powered industrial vehicles (PIV’s), and driving, loading/unloading Work-in-Process (WIP). Finished Goods (FG), and Raw Materials (RM) between the Baxter locations. The weekend Specialist supports production (for both Filling and Packaging operations) through staging and preparation of batches, truck driving/movement of materials, and working to keep inventory up to date. The Warehouse Specialist will cross train in all Supply Chain warehouses. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
This is full time, 4 days/week (36 hours/week) shift, plus required overtime.
This position is required to work all designated plant holidays.
Work shifts are: 8 hours day (Monday& Tuesday OR Thursday& Friday) and 10 hours a day (Saturday& Sunday).
What you’ll be doing:
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks, including BOL/packslip verification and damage assessment.
- Proper packing of material for shipment.
- Utilization of various systems required to ship materials (FedEx, UPS computers).
- Proper documentation of shipping, receiving, or batch dispensing activities including active drug product and finished product.
- For all processes (Receiving, Shipping, Dispensing, Driving) receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation through material handlers and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Ability to travel to perform duties in multiple locations.
- Compliance with worldwide regulatory agencies Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and other company SOPs and regulatory agencies in conducting warehouse activities.
- Perform general duties of warehouse, including cycle counting, temperature monitoring, work order picking, ERP navigation and use, inventory accuracy, material storage.
- Powered industrial truck (PIT) operation, including other material handling equipment.
- Respond to environmental chamber alarms.
- Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Processes and Good Documentation Practices.
- These are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned
Truck Driving: Will be required to drive company trucks for transport of material; will require a For Hire license and must adhere to other requirements for drivers. (Applies to all hires after July 2009.)
- Uses computer systems provided by company to initiate reports, track and transact inventory, and other activities.
- Coordinate movement of material, order picking, between warehouses and all company locations, at the correct product temperature.
- Proper completion of dangerous goods Bill of Lading (BOL) where required for carrying dangerous goods.
- Daily vehicle inspection and cleaning.
- Proper operation of temperature control unit.
- Proper downloading of truck data.
- Re-fueling trucks at assigned intervals.
- Adherence to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Dispensing of material from Raw Materials warehouse.
- Must be able to operate barcode scanning equipment.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse and/or technical office experience required.
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.).
- Must have (or be able to obtain with-in 30 days of hire) a For-Hire License endorsement.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work independently.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift to support packing and warehouse activities.
- Duties require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Position may require sitting, standing, or walking for long hours.
- Must be able to climb in and out of warehouse trucks multiple times per shift.
- Position may require use of PIT equipment for long hours.
- Must be able to work in various temps up to -65 to -85 Celsius.