Web Content Writer (Healthcare)
REMOTE, IN 00000 US
Target PR Range: 33-43
*Depending on experience
Web Content Writer (Healthcare)
Seeking a skilled and efficient web writer to help us organize existing and write original content for our healthcare websites. A background in SEO as well as healthcare or science is a plus. This role reports in to the website strategy team and will be actively supporting a significant website rebuild.
• Partner with the information architect and SEO strategist roles to determine the content strategy for each section of the website.
• Listen to and meet w/ internal marketing and operational stakeholders to understand their needs.
• Perform secondary research on the scientific topics to best understand customer needs.
• Review existing copy on the sites today to determine what can be kept and what needs to be rewritten.
• Write the content, ensuring we are staying on-brand and utilizing current SEO practices.
• Partner with the UI/UX designers to adjust copy, as needed, to fit within layout constraints.
• Note: You will not need to post, layout the content, or copyedit as we have other roles who will be helping with those tasks.
The actual website content will include a number of scientific topics including, but not limited to
• Specialties, diseases and conditions and their relevant testing
• Treatment methods and modalities such a cell and gene therapies, biomarkers, biologics and vaccines, etc.
• Scientific and laboratory testing disciplines such as pathology, toxicology, chemistry and biology, etc.
Initially, we will be focused on rebuilding the b2b content on the sites for these core audiences:
• Healthcare providers and their hospital/healthcare systems as well as insurance/health plan providers
• Scientific researchers from pharma or academia, looking to develop a new therapeutic or drug
Knowledge and Skills
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you . . .
• Understand, grasp and can organize a complex portfolio of research and lab testing services for different audiences
• Enjoy helping different internal departments come together from across the organization to generate a shared portfolio and web experience by topic
• Write web copy, quickly and efficiently
• Understand and know how to use web writing principles like cutting and chunking to create rich and scannable web experiences
• Understand how to organize a web page’s content structure to get the most from search engines
• Know how to seamlessly blend valuable and meaningful content with brand messaging
• Love science or enjoy researching topics you might not know about
• Enjoy playing with words to help others on their healthcare journey
*CO/NYC candidates might not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.